Princess of Wales’ Own Regiment Military Museum
100 Montreal St.
Tel: (613) 532 - 1027
Website: click here
100 Montreal St, Kingston, Ontario
The Princess of Wales' Own Regiment (PWOR) Military Museum was originally opened at Fort Henry in 1969. Twenty-two years later, it was moved to the Armouries and officially opened on 28 October 1991 by HRH Diana, Princess of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief of the Regiment. It is organized to present the history of the Regiment and citizen soldiers of Kingston area, who served in the regiment since 1863. The museum helps to preserve the region's rich military heritage.
Our collection includes uniforms, swords and medals from the 14thBattalion of Rifles, which was formed 16 January 1863. WW 1 artifacts from the 21st Battalion CEF including post cards sent from France to loved ones in Kingston. Also on display are uniforms, rifles, pistols and items of personal kit from WW1, Korean War, WW 2, and Peace Keeping Missions, along with several military vehicles, vintage 1940's and '50's, restored to operating condition.
There is also an exhibit commemorating the visit of HRH Diana, Princess of Wales, when she arrived in Kingston to visit her Regiment on October 28, 1991.